Do you want to apply cutting-edge economics, finance, and policy skills to solve the world’s most complex infrastructure and resource challenges? Challenges such as:
- Utilizing public-private partnerships to improve the water supply and wastewater services in the developing countries
- Developing a strategy on how to finance the infrastructure required to improve and expand services of water and wastewater utilities
- Designing tariff structures that meet a water utility’s goal of cost recovery, efficiency, affordability, and simplicity.
Can you communicate results in clear, compelling language? Do you share Castalia’s core values of Competence, Creativity, Consistency, Conscientiousness, Commitment and Collaboration? If so, Castalia wants you on our team. We have an exciting position in our Washington DC Office for a Water Sector Specialist who shares our passion: thinking for a better world.
Who we are looking for
- A degree in Economics, Finance, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in the water supply and sanitation sector, including at least one of the following:
- Advising water supply and sanitation utilities or service providers on performance turnarounds, investment planning, tariff setting, or a related topic
- Designing, appraising, and/or evaluating projects to increase or improve access to water supply and sanitation services
- Structuring public-private partnerships for water supply and sanitation services.
- Able to build financial models (financial planning and simulation models which report all three financial statements – Income and Expenditure, Balance sheet and Cash Flow Statement)
- A strong grasp of microeconomics, corporate finance, or project finance, and how to apply it on projects
- Quantitative skills in Mathematics
- Able to pick up concepts and frameworks, and apply them in a creative way
- Able to innovate, think laterally, and solve complex problems
- Native-level fluency in English, including the ability to synthesize complex issues clearly and concisely in written and spoken English
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willing to travel internationally, subject to COVID-19 restrictions
- Work authorization in USA.
- Graduate degree (MA, MS, and/or MBA) in Economics or Finance
- Additional degree in a related field, including Law, or Engineering
- Previous professional experience with a relevant organization such as a(n):
- Ministry of Finance, Economy or Planning
- Consulting firm
- Utility Regulator
- International financial institution
- Proficiency in other languages, in particular:
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel.
Remuneration and Benefits
This is a full-time position based at our office in Washington, DC. The salary range for a Water Sector Specialist is $65,000 or greater, depending on experience.
Castalia offers a competitive benefits package that includes vacation and sick leave, comprehensive health plans, 401k matching, and ongoing professional training and development.
How to apply
If you are interested in one of these positions, please apply directly on our website here.
To apply for this job please visit castalia-advisors.com.