Working as part of a team, analysts will use their economic and financial skills to solve clients’ problems in the fields of infrastructure services provision, environmental outcomes, and the use of natural resources, which may include:
- Supporting public and private sector clients in assessing the financial and
economic feasibility of infrastructure projects in developing and developed
- Creating financing plans and strategies to support the development of
- Assisting governments and utilities form policies and strategies to attract
private sector investment and providing private investors with transaction
Typical project tasks include:
- Describing and quantifying the gap between the current state and a desired state
- Researching the current situation and alternative approaches and providing written summaries
- Assessing the economic and financial viability of projects
- Recommending optimal finance and delivery mechanisms for projects
- Using microeconomic analysis to identify how existing market and institutional arrangement produce outcomes which are socially suboptimal and recommending changes to produce optimal outcomes
- Developing financial models of infrastructure service providers and using these to: value the company; estimate cost-recovery tariffs; assess risk from exogenous factors; identify business improvement strategies; and quantify their impact.
Analysts also ensure that research findings are appropriately referenced, documents are properly filed, reports are error-free and grammatically correct, and project timelines are met.
Analysts help the firm win work where we can add value and make money. This is done through: developing their own network of contacts; helping to identify opportunities; and working as part of a team to submit written proposals to clients, highlighting how
we can solve their problems.
Senior Analysts will also contribute to projects by conferring on conceptualizations, managing projects at times, and delivering engaging presentations to clients confidently.
Senior Analysts take a more active role in adding value and helping the firm win work. This is done through: communicating what Castalia does to their networks and the value that Castalia can add to organizations; identifying and following leads for Castalia, especially in relation to projects they are working on; managing the submission of written expressions of interest and proposals; and finding practical way to help other
team members, including supporting more junior staff.
Remuneration and Benefits
This is a full-time position based at our office in Washington, DC. The salary range for an Analyst is $50,000 – $70,000, and a Senior Analyst is $65,000 – $85,000.
Castalia offers a competitive benefits package that includes vacation and sick leave, comprehensive health plans, 401k matching, and ongoing professional training and development. If this opportunity sounds exciting, and you have the skills and experience required, please apply directly on our website here.
To apply for this job please visit castalia-advisors.com.