Do you want to apply your financial analysis and modelling skills to solve the world’s most complex electricity and energy challenges? Challenges such as:
- Assessing the financial and economic viability of low-carbon technologies
- Developing financial and regulatory structures to enable solar-powered mini-grids to provide electricity to people in rural areas, affordably and sustainably
- Designing recovery strategies and tariffs that meet an energy utility’s goal of cost recovery, efficiency, affordability, and simplicity
Can you communicate results in clear, compelling language? Do you share Castalia’s core values of Competence, Creativity, Consistency, Conscientiousness, Commitment and Collaboration? If so, Castalia wants you on our Sustainable Energy Team. We have an exciting position based in our Washington, DC office for a Bilingual (French-English) Sustainable Energy Analyst who shares our passion: thinking for a better world.
We would be open to candidates wanting internship opportunities who are currently enrolled in a relevant graduate program (for example, international economics, finance, and policy) and expect to graduate in the next 18 months, or have graduated in the last 12 months.
Who we’re looking for
- A degree in Finance, Economics, or Applied Mathematics
- At least one year of relevant experience and demonstrated ability to build financial models (financial planning and simulation models which report all three financial statements – Income and Expenditure, Balance sheet and Cash Flow Statement)
- Able to pick up concepts and frameworks, and apply them in a creative way
- Knowledge of corporate finance or project finance
- Able to innovate, think laterally, and solve complex problems
- Native-level fluency in French and English, including the ability to synthesize complex issues clearly and concisely in written and spoken French and English
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel internationally, subject to COVID-19 restrictions
- Work authorization in the United States
- Demonstrated progress towards a CFA qualification
- Graduate degree (MA, MS, and/or MBA) in Economics or Finance
- Strong grasp of microeconomics
- Knowledge and experience in the electricity/energy sectors
- Previous professional experience with a relevant organization such as a(n):
- Consulting or investment firm
- Ministry of Finance, Economy, or Planning
- Utility Regulator
- International Financial Institution
Remuneration and Benefits
- The remuneration range for the Analyst position is $50,000 – $70,000; a Senior Analyst position may be considered, depending on experience
- Castalia offers a competitive benefits package that includes vacation and sick leave, comprehensive health plans, 401k matching, and ongoing professional training and development
- The position is full-time or part-time, ideally at least 16 hours per week, and paid on a fortnightly basis. The daily rate is negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
- Transition to a permanent position.
Applying for the position
If you’re interested in this position, please apply directly on our website here.
Note only fully completed applications can be submitted and you won’t be able to save your progress once you’ve started an application, so please have the following information and documents ready to share and upload:
- Cover letter
- Reference letters
- Writing sample.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com