Compliance Officer / Manager (USA) IN EXPORT
ACUTRONIC (www.acutronic.com) has a proud history of building and investing in technologies and teams that are crucial to the aerospace, defense, and transportation industries. Their Simulation & Test Division is the global market leader in Inertial Guidance Test Systems (IGTS) and Hardware-In-The-Loop (HIL) simulators. In addition, it builds and refurbishes stabilized and gimbaled platforms. ACUTRONIC’s Aerospace Components Division develops and manufactures specialty components for use on unmanned aerial vehicles, optionally-piloted aircraft, and weapons systems.
A minimum of 5-10 years of legal experience or 10+ years of non-legal experience in aerospace & defense trade compliance-related matters is preferred, specifically including U.S. export compliance.
The Compliance Officer / Manager will be responsible for the continued strategic leadership of the company’s world-class Compliance Program and the direct management of its export control activities, including licensing and related activities. The position will be responsible for the continued development and implementation of programs, policies, procedures and best practices, which ensure sustained compliance with the export laws and other regulations of the countries in which ACUTRONIC operates. In doing so, this position is responsible for promoting compliance initiatives, obtaining necessary export authorizations to ensure full compliance with all regulatory agencies and developing ethics and compliance training programs. Additionally, this position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining interpersonal networks to ensure the availably/ identification of industry best practices. This individual will need to be a good communicator and be able to communicate effectively with senior leaders and Board members.
Candidates with legal or non-legal experience who possess outstanding compliance and export experience will be considered, although a legal degree would be a plus. There is significant opportunity to carve out an individual path within this dynamic, growing company.
ACUTRONIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
• Provide day-to-day operational export and trade regulation guidance and support to program personnel for proposed exports, re-exports, deemed exports, management of controlled data and other activities, including jurisdiction and classification determinations, screening parties to transactions, and conducting licensing analysis
• Ensure compliance with anti-corruption legislation globally. Work with management and sales teams on KYC due diligence; due diligence and training for representatives/agents; TRACE certifications for representatives/agents; reviewing transaction structures for anti-corruption risks/red flags; reviewing and approving commissions or third party payments.
• Prepare, submit, and track EAR and ITAR export and temporary import licenses applications, technical assistance agreements, manufacturing license agreements, re-transfer requests, commodity classification and jurisdiction requests, and other export control documentation
• Manage, maintain, and update ACUTRONIC ’s Compliance Program documentation, including, but not limited to, ACUTRONIC ’s Code of Conduct, Anti-Corruption Policy, Export Control Instructions, Group Country List, and IT & Data Security Policy
• Serve as a point of contact for all ‘Compliance’-related issues that might arise, including, but not limited: anti-corruption, export control, IT & data security, occupational health & safety, anti-harassment, environmental regulations, and fair competition & antitrust
• Carry out independent investigations of alleged or potential violations of ACUTRONIC ’s compliance rules or the law
• Communicate status of export control activities with company personnel, provide license training to program personnel, and ensure licenses are appropriately decremented
• Act as a liaison with government regulators/bodies including the Department of Commerce, the Department of State, the NNSA, the DCAA, the DCMA, and other government agencies
• Manage and monitor areas of trade compliance risk based on the company’s activities and provide periodic reports to the leadership team
o Assist in establishing a continuous trade compliance improvement philosophy and culture with a strong internal and external customer focus
o Actively work across functions to ensure that trade compliance is maintained while ensuring that overall organization objectives are supported
o Responsible for evaluating sophisticated international business requirements, products, and strategies to ensure compatibility with trade law and to access risk vulnerabilities
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on anti-corruption and trade issues including, but not limited to, country of origin determination and marking, valuation, denied parties, embargoed countries, anti-boycott compliance and reporting, and red flag issues
• Empowered Official for transactional compliance with export regulations, license preparation and processing, and the use of exemptions and exceptions in lieu of licensing
• Manage ACUTRONIC ’s Web-Based Training (WBT) compliance platform and training campaigns
• Monitor changes to EAR, ITAR, FAR, DFAR, and other pertinent regulations, providing research and recommendations as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university is required
• A legal degree would be a plus
• Exposure to engineering disciplines would be a plus
Occasional domestic and international travel
Must be a U.S. citizen
This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, growing organization that offers responsibility for meaningful legal work in a collegial environment. The company’s compensation package includes a base salary, an annual bonus (based on company performance), a very competitive benefits package and a 9/80 work schedule (work 80 hours in 9 days, and the office is closed every other Friday). A relocation package will be provided if needed.
To apply for this job please visit www.carpenterlegalsearch.com.