Women Inspire 2021 – Women in Business & Leadership Forum
In honor and celebration of this year’s International Women’s Day, Casa Foundation for International Development and its Partners will host the Women in Business and Leadership Forum. The Forum will focus on women that have advanced Canada’s trade and economic development landscape and will also celebrate inspiring women in Canada that have distinguished themselves in the business and trade sphere.
The forum will include a business roundtable, a case study of leading women pioneers in their respective trades, keynote opening statements from Senior Government officials, as well as speakers from various industry sectors that have impacted lives or who have helped in fast-tracking innovation and growth in the trade, education, and entrepreneurship sectors.
The Forum is expected to welcome over 500 women-owned businesses and startups. The event will also target women in technology, entrepreneurs, practitioners, women leaders, influencers and start-ups. Additional expected participants include creative collaborators, partners, youths in established businesses, and those looking to start a product or service; or pioneers with women businesses.
Guests of Honor from the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario
- Ministers and Members of Parliament, Government of Canada
- Dr. Olutoyin Oyelade: TED: What’s Wrong With Women – Founder InVcap, CasaFoundation, EntrepreneursPoint
- Hon Dr. Jean Augustine: !st Black Fed. Minister /MP in Canada; Queens Privy & Order of Canada
- Karima Goundiam- CEO Red Dot Digital
- Vanessa Lewenrentz- Chief Inclusion Officer at BMO Bank of Montreal
- Victoria Palfi- Trade Commissioner at Global Affairs Canada
- Professor Wendy Cukier: Founder, Diversity Institute & Prof of Entrepreneurship-Ryerson University.
- Niluka Kottegoda – Vice President, SOBEYS
- Nadia Theodore Consul General of Canada to USA (Dec 2020), Senior Vice President, Maple Leaf Foods
- Surranna Sandy: CEO, Skills for Change, Canada
- Nosa Ero Brown-Deputy Minister, Directorate of Antiracism, Government of Ontario
- Helen Hemmingsen: President Organization of Women in Int’l Trade
- Christine Nakamura- Vice President, Asian Pacific Foundation, Canada
- Julia Deans: President, Habitat for Humanity
What to expect at this event
Join us for a Virtual Roundtable, Panel, Case Studies sessions on gender, business, and leadership development. Get ready for great networking sessions. Sit at your coffee Table….Watch virtual
Meet Senior Corporate and Government leaders, business professionals, new connections, and more.
Who should attend? This event is calling all Women Founders, startups, entrepreneurs, business professionals. Bring an open mind and plenty of virtual business cards for networking in the business sector.
Only 300 spots left to create an intimate session.