Country: UNITED STATES
OWIT South Florida History
- February, 1993 - Chapter Established as WIT-Miami
- 1995 - Hosted the 4th Annual OWIT World conference entitled, "Accessing the Americas and Beyond: Trade, Technology, and Culture”
- 1996 - Recipient of the Florida International Affairs Committee (FIAC) grant and Enterprise
- 1998 - Recipient of the Florida Caribbean Basin Trade Promotion grant
- 1999 - Led the first US Department of Commerce Certified OWIT trade mission to Jamaica and the Dominican Republic.
- 2001 - Established annual International Business Woman of the Year Awards (IBWOY) to recognize outstanding women in the South Florida business community for the role they play in enhancing international trade and business through their professional and community activities
- 2002 to 2006 - Organized six international conferences in South Florida, featuring speakers from the US and Latin American business communities and fostering the growth of regional trade and investment relationships
- October, 2007 - Hosted the 16th Annual OWIT World conference entitled "Emerging Markets: The Road Ahead for Finance, Business, and Trade"
- May, 2008 - Officially updated organization name to OWIT-South Florida to recognize the growing collaboration between Miami-Dade and Broward Counties
List of Events: